Thank you for your interest in ONEHOPE!
Here are your next steps!
- Take a moment to watch the videos, some may not be relevant to you, so feel free to click on the ones that interest you.
- Read and check out the images as you learn more about what you are going to be a part of.
- Be open minded and ready to dream big. I didn't think I'd be able to achieve what I did, but here I am, more successful than I could have ever imagined. What's amazing about this business is that ANYBODY with a big enough heart and drive can make this work. If you're ready to work for your goals while making a positive impact on the world, we can make it happen!
Let's Chat About Income
This business is what we make of it. It gives back what we put in. There are some network marketing participants who aren’t joining the company to make money: 9%, in fact, according to a recent AARP study. Some people just sign up to be a Cause Entrepreneur to get huge discounts on award-winning wine, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Cause Entrepreneurs who DO make money turn their participation into a small business opportunity. They take the tools and systems we provide them and they own it as if they had created the wine and fundraising opportunity themselves. To support this idea, let’s look at why participants leave a network marketing company.
According to the AARP study, the three most common reasons for leaving a networking marketing company are:
- finding it awkward to pitch friends and family (39%),
- not making as much money as they expected (36%), and
- not liking to sell all the time (35%).
Those are three very common challenges in starting ANY business. A common phrase about small business owners is that you do what you love 20% of the time and spend the other 80% of the time marketing your product or service. Ugh. It’s hard work, people!
So, when we hear that network marketing participants have a very little chance to make a profit, we totally get it. If you join any networking marketing company thinking we are going to set you up for an easy path to success, OF COURSE you’re going to quit when the going gets tough (because it will be tough, trust me).
It's not easy, but it is simple.
Finally, it is widely known in the entrepreneur world that starting a business just to make money is a fast-track to failure. The companies who do well fully believe they can help other people with their product or service and put that passion into everything they do. It’s all about money mindset after all: when we chase purpose, we make money. The people who are successful in ONEHOPE have done exactly that:
- we have fallen in love with the wine and impact,
- wanted to help other people make an impact, and
- learned how to spread our message to as many people as possible.
The people of network marketing are parents, spouses, singles, WHATEVER – just trying to earn income like anyone else. The good network marketers – the ones who are earning a sufficient income and don’t come across as fake or annoying in their sales tactics – have done a few things to get the most out of their chosen roles.
Here’s how you can earn income with network marketing:
Choose a company you believe in.
We’ve never met successful Cause Entrepreneurs who didn’t fall in love with the wine or impact before selling it. People are inherently smart and intuitive, so if someone is trying to sell us a product they don’t believe in, we’re going to know it right away. Also, in our world, people want to buy a lifestyle, not a thing. So when you choose a product to sell, it has to be something you can seamlessly incorporate into your everyday life to make other people want to embody what you’re all about (because selling naturally is the best way to make it in network marketing – more on this in number 2 below). Ask yourself these questions to find the best network marketing company for you:
- Do I already drink wine? Do I love it?
- Do I see a real difference in what ONEHOPE offers me so that when I tell other people about it, I’m being honest? (quality wine, global impact, charitable giving, etc.)
- Do I know other people who sell ONEHOPE? Are they doing well? (see income graphic above)
- Can I easily find training and a system from the company and team on the wine and impact? YES!
- Is ONEHOPE a member of the Direct Selling Association? YES!
- If I ask the people I know who sell for ONEHOPE about what they do, what response do I get? Are they not only positive but also specific and knowledgeable about the company?
- Does the company itself share openly and honestly about how its Cause Entrepreneurs make money? YES!
- Does the company provide sales and/or marketing training for its Cause Entrepreneurs to give them a real chance at success? YES! More than any other network marketing company we know of.
- Do I have to make an investment to join? Yes. We have starter kits beginning at $29 (+ $12/month of $99/year)
Support before selling
Network marketing isn’t meant to be lonely and competitive, but it often has a reputation for being that way. We, as successful Cause Entrepreneurs, are spreading the love everywhere we go: they get involved in groups, support the businesses of other people in our networks, and are throwing out way more supportive words than we are selling. This is another way you can treat your network marketing career as a small business and GET OUT THERE like all of us entrepreneurs do. We aren’t just going from person to person expecting someone to buy our product or service; we’re taking the time to get to know people, build a network of trust, and THEN share in an authentic, natural way how we can help them.
This also goes for the way we interact with other Cause Entrepreneurs in ONEHOPE: Instead of planning on competing against the other Cause Entrepreneurs OR people who participate in other network marketing companies, we build relationships with each other to expand our networks, gain knowledge, and break the stigma that we’re selling only to make money and not help people. It’s true that people find more success when we build each other up.
There are lovers and haters of network marketing everywhere we go. The important thing to remember if you dive into this world yourself is that success is absolutely possible – but it’s ultimately up to YOU to drive it. No matter how good the wine, the impact, or compensation package is, you need to develop faith in yourself as if you were doing it all on your own. You’ve got this!
(adapted from https://smartgirlmoneycoach.com/network-marketing/)
Video: What's involved, my story, and who we're looking for!
Common limiting beliefs and how we all had them, too!
I’m not a wine or fundraising expert.
You don't have to be! In fact, we don't want you to be if you're not already. Don't pretend to be anyone you're not! Your success will come from you being you, and we'll provide the training on the business. (Refer back to "Let's chat about income!)
I'm too busy.
We all are! That's the beauty of this business. We teach you how to fit it into the nooks and crannies of your life.
I have a small network and I don't use social media a lot. Who will I get to be a customer or join my team?
The most successful people in this business don't make their money from anyone they know. In fact, when you follow our system, we'll get you into your cold market ASAP!
I don't want to come off as annoying or salesy.
Thank goodness. Neither do we. Success comes from you being YOU!
So many of us are! It is definitely NOT a requirement to be extroverted. Many of our most successful Cause Entrepreneurs are introverts.
I’m afraid of what people will think of me.
I did, too. But, one of the most important lessons I have learned in network marketing is to stop being controlled by societal expectations.
Be in control instead of controlled.
Trust me... this is an important life lesson, and drinking wine is a great way to do personal development!
I’m pregnant/breastfeeding/don't drink alcohol. Can I do this?
Absolutely! We have many Cause Entrepreneurs who don't or can't drink for various reasons. As long as you are still passionate about the positive impact we make on this world, since it's important you love our mission, you can be successful!
Video: Rewards & Recognition
Let's set you up for success - How we mentor you to do what we did!
Finding coaches and mentors is an important mission, that you will no doubt have over the course of your home business career. It is critical that you choose them wisely. Your mentor is someone to whom you'll be committing a great deal of time and attention, and who ideally will take a vested interest in you as well.
The process of selecting a mentor begins, first of all, with a clear-sighted view of what your business goals are. Selecting a mentor is not just a matter of finding someone you like or feel comfortable identifying with. Make sure that the mentor you choose has a genuine history of success. Do not look to superficially successful people as role models for achievement.
In addition to selecting your coach based on their ability to achieve goals similar to your own, choose a mentor who in the process has overcome some of the same obstacles you are facing. Ideally, a mentor really represents both what you want to become and what you want to do. Seeing your mentor today is like seeing what you intend to be. The coach has arrived at or been to places similar to where you want to go.
Select a mentor with whom you can actually spend time and with whom you enjoy having conversations and exploring ideas. When you discover someone with whom you feel a special affinity, make an effort to obtain everything that person has written or said. Really become a student of that person's work and life. Don't just admire him or her, genuinely learn from them.
One of the most interesting aspects of selecting a mentor is the fact that one can rarely separate people's tangible achievements from the qualities of their character. More than their bank accounts or their real estate holdings, role models prove by the conduct of their lives that they're worth emulating.
When you seek support and feedback, be sure it is from a person who is truly interested in seeing you succeed. Don't seek feedback from fair-weather friends, competitive peers, or any person who doesn't have your best interests at heart. Neutral doesn't count. Get feedback from someone who is on your side, who will be objective and honest with you.
Ultimately, nobody else is responsible for your life but you. Nobody else is accountable for your actions but you. Therefore, nobody's expectations for you and opinions about you are as important as your own. So make sure your opinions take precedence in your mind over all others, and when you do need to consult with someone, think very carefully before you choose exactly who. Your long term success in your network marketing business depends upon it.
But My Spouse Isn't On Board...
Many of us have been there! Here's a great blog that will help.
3 REASONS WHY YOUR HUSBAND WON’T SUPPORT YOUR NETWORK MARKETING BUSINESS AND HOW TO OVERCOME THEM
Ok, so this is written by a man for all of the women out there building a Network Marketing Business (hereon “NMB”) with an unsupportive spouse or partner!
Why am I qualified to write this? Because I was the unsupportive husband for such a long time. To be honest, my wife’s NMB worried me and it was weird!
I didn’t understand it and thought it would impact me as the main breadwinner (supposedly) of the family.
So I am going to cover off the three main things that stopped me getting on board and how you can help the male in your life move past them.
Now I come from a corporate background and my perception of what business and success looked like bore no resemblance to Network Marketing. I thought the people were too happy and that they must be fake. I felt that my Professional friends would mock me for being involved with a “Pyramid Scheme”. I also thought that it would impact my marriage in a negative way.
So let’s break these fears down one by one, as they all somehow are going to be something your spouse is feeling!
THE PROBLEM -THIS IS WEIRD!
One of my main challenges was how different Network Marketing was, in comparison to traditional business models. Now success in business always follows similar principles, no matter how the product or service is marketed. But the underlying attitude is so different. In Network Marketing, people are inspired to “work on themselves”, whereas I was always trying to improve my knowledge and skillset, so I could get a better job. It wasn’t so much about how I felt about my improved skills, but more about what it would look like on my resume!
My first few big events saw pumped up, energetic, positive and “huggy” people. I couldn’t handle it! A firm handshake was what I knew, not hugging! It felt so weird and unprofessional. Everyone was just too damn happy!
I didn’t get it and I thought, these people obviously couldn’t be successful in the real world, so they created an alternative dimension to exist in!!!
I didn’t understand the positivity because I didn’t understand how the business model worked. In normal business we get paid to fill a role or do a job. Our bosses or company have leverage over us and we have fear of not doing our job, because we won’t get paid, or worse still…get fired. In Network marketing they have no leverage! They don’t pay you; you pay yourself through the commissions you earn. Your business partners cannot force you to share the product or attract other business partners in.
Until I understood that the only leverage we have in Network Marketing is helping people to achieve their goals, I never got the positivity, emphasis on personal development or the super close personal relationships.
Help your spouse to understand the fact, that Network Marketing requires total investment in the results of your team for you to get results…then he will feel more comfortable. When he understands that you cannot motivate your team by force and that it takes a different approach then he will begin to see the difference. It may take a while, but eventually he will begin to see that this “win-win-win” approach to business is actually a better model.
THE PROBLEM – IT IS A SCAM/PYRAMID SCHEME
This is a big fear for a lot of people, not just men. The legitimacy of the Network Marketing business model is a source of a lot of, generally uninformed, debate. The lack of understanding of the model and the comparison to horror stories from the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s has contributed to a cynicism towards this model.
A lot of spouses can get protective of their partner and don’t want them to get hurt, or ridiculed for doing Network Marketing. Some men are scared of the backlash to them from their partner’s involvement and are worried about their and your reputation.
Knowledge! Men like to understand things and when they do they are happy to defend it. Arm your man with correct information about the Network Marketing Industry and your Company. I remember learning the difference between a Pyramid/Ponzi scheme and a legitimate Network Marketing Company. This totally changed my opinion. I became a student of the industry and equipped myself with knowledge which helped me to be comfortable about it.
A good book for guys is Go Pro by Eric Worre. His no nonsense approach to making Network Marketing a profession, really resonated with me. It helped me to see that this was a legitimate business model and one that is respected by great business leaders the world over. Even Warren Buffett owns a few Network Marketing Companies. Good Enough for Warren, good enough for me!
There is a lot of great stuff on Youtube about “why network marketing” etc. Knowledge is power for you and your spouse!
THE PROBLEM – THE COMPANY
Let’s be honest a lot of Network Marketing Companies have a bad name and some rightly so. A lot are opportunity driven, with spurious products that distributors are taught “it’s not about the product”, high failure rates and questionable management teams.
If your fella googles Network Marketing, he will undoubtedly come across the war stories of lost investments, dodgy management, losing friends, pushy selling and needing to buy a lot of product each month to qualify for commissions.
Network Marketing companies have a similar failure rate to other businesses and most don’t last the first 1-3 years. Unfortunately people are more emotional when a network marketing business fails and it’s about all these “mum’s and dads who lost their money”.
There are some good companies, a few really great companies and unfortunately a lot of bad companies!
Please ladies do yourself and your man a favour and pick a good company to partner with. It doesn’t matter how good you are, a bad company will always be a bad company. Unfortunately bad companies are cult-like, because they need hype and total distributor loyalty, to distract other’s from the fact that they are a bad company.
So here are my 6 things that your Network Marketing Company must have, to ensure the best possible chance for your success and also the support of your spouse:
1) Totally product driven. If customers don’t want it, then don’t do it. An opportunity led company will mean lower customer rates, poor retention and upset distributors. Try to find a company where there are a lot more customers using the product or service, than people doing the business.
2) A solid Management Team. All successful companies have amazing management teams and your Network Marketing Company should be no different. Are they credible, qualified and good people? Be careful and selective who you partner with.
3) A wholesale model. A lot of companies require you to purchase the product and then retail to your customers, or customers pay a higher price. Great Network marketing Companies use a wholesale model whereby a customer can buy the product for the same price that you do and get it shipped direct to them – with absolutely no obligations or minimum spend. Customer flexibility is an absolute must.
4) Customer not distributor focused. Cars, big pretend cheques on stage blah, blah, blah. They are good for hype, but fundamentally if you want financial freedom and a stable business, you need a lot of really happy and well taken care of customers. Customer Loyalty programs, product promotions, free products and other things that keep your customers happy are more important than a “BMW bonus” for you.
5) A good Compensation Plan. You can have an amazing product but if the Compensation Plan is complicated and it is hard to share with others, then it will make it that little bit harder to succeed.
6) No significant financial obligations or minimum business partner recruitment requirements that negatively impact your business. When you are working, you want to be earning. But if for any reason you need to take a step back in your business and you can’t do the work, you don’t want to be burdened with unnecessarily high overheads or recruitment requirements. This pressure is what makes most people unsuccessful in Network Marketing, as it causes distributors to put unnecessary pressure and strain on relationships and finances. The purpose of any great business is to always build a stable long term pipeline, that builds authentic leadership and fills a need in the market place.
In Network Marketing like in any industry, not all Companies are created equal. The more reputable and solid the Company is, the easier it will be for your significant other to get on board.
But I'm Scared or Nervous...
Yup! We were too. You know what?
That's a great thing! That means you are motivated to succeed. We'll help you harness that motivation and make it happen!
Have More Questions?
No problem! Schedule a call to talk to Erin below. This will be a platform for YOU. No sales pitch. Just information so you can make an educated decision as to whether or not ONEHOPE is for you! (By the way... since you made it this far, we think it is.) Chat soon!